This class is for beginner cooks or someone interested in learning proper knife techniques. You'll learn how to use a knife and put it to use making a healthy minestrone soup.
You'll also learn some kitchen terms like "mirepoix" to give you an introduction to French culinary terms.
I patiently walk you through each step so you can take your time as you use your knife correctly.
After this class you will feel more confident using a knife, and hopefully will want to cook more!
Ingredients you will need: 30-Minute Minestrone
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large vidalia or yellow onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups (32 oz.) vegetable broth
- ¾ cup small macaroni or small shell pasta
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomato (no salt added)
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 15-oz. Can northern white bean, navy, or cannellini beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Dried basil
- ½ tsp each dried thyme, dried oregano, and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- ½-1 tsp. Salt
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
The project for this class is to practice your knife skills along with me. Then, we will use the ingredients we chop to make the Minestrone soup. Then, take photos of your soup with your amazing knife skills and tag me on Instagram @chefjoannas. Can't wait to see your beautiful knife skills in action!